July 27, 2011

New Things

Looking at the ol' post tally, it seems I haven't posted since May.  The short reason for this is that I became a very strange combination of lazy and busy (the company that sporadically pays me decided that I should actually work once in a while, and June became the month in which I copyedited ALL THE THINGS); the long reason is the usual combination of things, including two extended trips back East to visit family and the resulting difficulty of cooking when you are not at home and lack of things in the fridge when you are home.

Fortunately, the summer of travel is mostly over, though the Usual Reasons for not posting will be in full force in about a month or so; however, I am hopeful that I can get back into the swing of things, at least for a little while.

Oh, and there has been a major development in the world of this humble blog:  I now have a second blog.  Yes, I know it seems silly to start blog number two when blog number one is languishing, but I actually think that this dual-blog system will be good for productivity.  My overly-ambitious blog conceit, Around the World in 80 Dishes, now has its own place at http://aw80d.blogspot.com.  I decided to pull up stakes and move AW80D because I felt like it narrowed my focus too much—it was as though, once I started, it was all I should be posting.  Other recipes, or crafts, or whatever no longer seemed to fit, and so essentially nothing was published. 

Now that the focus for AW80D has moved somewhere else, I can go back to posting about whatever grabs my fancy here.  And I promise that it won't be more odes to salad (at least for a little while).

No comments:

Post a Comment