April 8, 2012

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Hey, everyone!  Remember this blog?  It's been awhile, eh?  After that last post, things got a little crazy.  Well, a lot crazy, actually.  But in a good, affirming-my-faith-in-humanity sort of way.  Which is why I feel like I need to say the following:

THANK YOU.

To anyone and everyone who spread the word, or donated, or bought something, I thank you from the bottom of my cold little heart.  The support has been nothing short of amazing, and the prospect of being sans-insurance is far less daunting.  We're not 100% there yet, with the new chemo and additional scans/procedures, but it's nice to be able to focus on things like life and getting better without trying to calculate how much plasma one can sell per week before anemia sets in and/or the phlebotomists get suspicious.

And for those of you who haven't caught the Poopstrong fever (only cure: more cowbell poop jokes), here's the website.  You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for updates and general shenanigans.  I've even added links to the right side of the blog, so you can always see what we're up to!

So, apart from fulfilling t-shirt orders, what have I been doing with myself lately?  Well, I've been traveling and stalking waterbirds...





and saving the occasional rogue snapping turtle.


There have been visits to the ocean


and day-drinking excursions.



I've also started cooking again.  Mostly beans, like this vaguely Eastern Europeany black-eyed pea and cabbage saute (that I stuffed in a pita, because why not?):


and this lemony fried lima bean and chard salad.


There has been a resurgence of crafting, as well as some developments in the field of urban homesteading (or, in my case, urban fauxsteading).  I've decided that I need both a sewing machine and a bike.  I sprained my ankle.  I got to stay two doors down from Snooki's place in Jersey City.  And I should really get around to posting that tasty sweet potato and peanut soup recipe to the sister blog.

Oh, and the cat fell asleep in my armpit once.


SO MUCH STUFF.  So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I think I have an idea of where you can get both a sewing machine and a bike for FREE!

    ReplyDelete