November 4, 2010

happy cats make it harder to blog

so, i had every intention of writing a fascinating post about the things i made in my glass fusion class that are finally done, or about fun things you can do with free citrus, or about my trip to our awesome butcher and adventures in cooking jowls.  however, pannekuchen just woke up from his nap in our recycling box and decided he wanted to be petted, and, well, i can't argue with him.  he has this uncanny ability to scootch up onto my chest and thus activate my allergy response by shoving his fur up my nose, and the only way to fix it is to move my computer off my lap so that the cat has more room.

and so, my computer is perched precariously on my knees while pannekuchen sleeps with his head on the trackpad.  this complicates blogging, as does the fact that my right hand is now underneath a comatose kitten.  all these informational updates will have to wait until pancakes decides it is time for a cat fit and wakes up.

normally i would push him over so that i could still use the computer normally, but given how we had a little accident with the nail clipper today and i still feel a little guilty, i feel like i owe him one.  enjoy it while it lasts, little cat; i have not forgotten the repeated attacks made upon my person this past week, and i sort of feel like a sap for being so nice over the fact that i slightly overclipped a nail when he has shown no remorse over leaping upon me and trying to bite me about the head and neck region multiple times.

also, we'll return to our regularly scheduled capitalization and whatnot next time; holding down the shift key and typing a letter are hard to do single-handedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment