January 10, 2012

Googling.

The Husband wishes that I point this out, so here goes:  Apparently, the most common search terms that bring people to this humble blog (apart from "life in the dessert"), are "philip glass el diablo," which is the second most-popular result on Google and takes you to this post.

For those of you who are now brought to this post:  Welcome!  The Husband would like you to know that he really likes Philip Glass.  I sometimes confuse Philip Glass with Sufjan Stevens (musically, not visually—they look very different), but I am getting much better at that.  Also, we saw his (Philip's, not Sufjan's) opera Satyagraha a little while ago and it was very good.  Especially if you watch it in a movie theater while eating quesadillas (me) and wearing sweatpants (The Husband).  I got a little sleepy during Act III, but I blame the quesadillas.

Also, for those of you looking for the actual exchange from The Simpsons (season 14, episode 18, Dude, Where's My Ranch, which is coincidentally where I first learned about Level 5 vegans), here you go:
David Byrne:
Excuse me, I've been researching indigenous music of Springfield and couldn't help but overhear your delightfully cruel hate song.
Carl:
David Byrne?
Moe:
Singer, artist, director, composer, Talking Head.
David Byrne:
And I used to wrestle under the name El Diablo.
Lenny:
I thought that was Phillip Glass.
David Byrne:
Yeah, he wishes.
Everybody hates Ned Flanders!  And now you know why I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment